Friday, August 21, 2009

Great Leaders

I am currently in the midst of a career transition.

Many people have stepped out to help me during this transition in various ways. Friends, family, colleagues – some people that I have not spoken to in years – and even some that I have just met.

If you have ever been unemployed, you understand how much it means to have people on your side – doing what they can to help.

Great leaders understand that: the more people they can help - push up - the more successful they themselves become. They find fulfillment in helping and investing in others and there are no dividing lines between their personal and professional life when it comes to relationships. I am grateful that so many have crossed my path.

If you know someone that is in between jobs, careers or vocations, help them out. Introduce them to someone in your network, refer them to a potential employer – forward their resume, or just take them for coffee and listen to them.

Your acts of kindness will never be forgotten.

Great Leaders care about other people.

Photo by: FotoFling Scotland
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment